Thursday, September 26, 2013

Presentation and Process Blog Post




This presentation was not super hard, but it was not super easy either. It was a little bit challenging to actually choose which lens would be the best to analyze the show, as well as organizing my thoughts and editing them down into what can only be three minutes. The fact that we have been discussing the different lenses in class does help a lot. The problem is the time restraint. Three minutes does not seem like that much time to analyze the show extremely in depth, so choosing what exactly to include is pretty interesting. I am also trying to include a video so making sure that will work is also a little bit nerve racking. The actual analysis of the show, however, is very much aided by the fact that we have analyzed so many different things in class. I did find it difficult to be objective about a show that I really like, as opposed to a piece that to be perfectly honest had no real relevance to my daily life, other than the fact that I needed to learn about it. The thing about knowing, and liking, a show so much was the fact that it was easier to pull ideas and lenses from the show because I am so familiar with it. It is rough sometimes in class to try and analyze things when you do not really know what exactly the author is trying to say, although it is helpful to have your classmates to bounce ideas off of. The good thing about it not really being a huge group ordeal though is that your ideas can really shine through and you really have to think about the lens as opposed to letting your classmates answer for you. Essentially, it creates more of a critical and deeper thinking process. The whole objective part, however, was rather challenging. Since I really like the show, it is hard to try to point out some of the flaws, especially because they do not really jump out at you. This meant that I had to really focus on what was happening and why it was happening, as opposed to just laughing the entire time. I did do a fair amount of changing and revision in my mind so that when I went to actually do the assignment I had a general idea of what exactly I wanted. As for the different pieces of media I included, it did take me a good amount of time to pick exactly what I thought would represent the show the best as well as what was best for what I was trying to prove. Overall, this presentation was at about the difficulty level that I was expecting when it was first assigned. It was very helpful in allowing me to obtain a better understanding of not only my show, but certain aspects of society as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment